Death Wish Coffee Soda Recipe
By Megan Dority — / Recipes
How to Make Coffee Soda
In the dead of summer, when you feel like you live in an actual sauna, there are a few beverages you depend on—iced coffee or a nice, rejuvenating seltzer (okay, and maybe a cocktail). Have you ever imagined combining all of the above? Well, we tried it, and it happens to be the most refreshing, caffeinated pick-me-up in the game.
Espresso soda has been a thing since the 1800s, but it’s making a comeback—in a big way. Just like the ‘90s are back, coffee soda is back and here to stay. This cold, caffeinated, bitter beverage is about to be your new summer hang.
[Photo Credit: Marvin Meyer via Unsplash]
Coffee Soda Recipe
Coffee soda is bitter in the way that a bar of dark chocolate tastes or that of a Negroni. The bitterness is balanced by other elements: in our case, sparkling water, orange juice and an orange peel. Are you ready to make the best coffee soda recipe ever? Follow these easy steps to make your new favorite summer drink.
- Vegetable peeler
- Coffee maker
Coffee Soda Ingredients:
- 1 orange peel or lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sparkling water or tonic
- 1/2 cup Death Wish Coffee
Coffee Soda Instructions:
- Peel and bend 2 2-inch strips of orange or lemon peel over the drink, rub them gently along the rim of the glass and slide them into the drink.
- Fill glass with ice or coffee ice cubes.
- Add room temperature tonic or sparkling water to glass. Fill the remaining glass with freshly brewed coffee. Stir to combine and enjoy!
Want to kick it up a notch? Add some booze. With just a splash (1 1/2 ounces) of amaro, you’ll be turning heads at your next happy hour.
RELATED: Best Iced Coffee Recipe
Let's drink coffee and throw things at happy people