Coffee-Infused Magic Brownies
The brownie is a staple in the dessert world. They're super easy to make, and the chocolate makes everything taste better—even that extra pinch of green spice. Add a little Death Wish Dark Roast Instant Coffee to the mix, and you'll be in caffeinated brownie bliss.
Believe it or not, the brownie, like that surprise bundle of joy (oops!)—was made by accident. Every popular theory surrounding the origin of the brownie involves unique baking mishaps—perhaps the best mistake ever?
Whether your preference is the corner or middle piece, fudgy or cakey, there’s no debating that death by chocolate is infinitely deadlier when adding Death Wish Coffee into the mix. Coffee not only brings out the best and boldest flavors in us but also enhances the flavors in chocolate.
Instant Coffee Brownies
This coffee brownies recipe is chock-full of basic ingredients you may already have in your home and only takes 30 minutes to make. Toss the $1 box of pre-made mix aside and treat yourself (and anyone worthy of sharing with) to decadent, homemade brownies with coffee.
[Photo Credit: Charisse Kenion via Unsplash]
Batter and Bolder Brownies
- 12 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Death Wish Dark Roast Instant Coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Grim Reaper Pro Tip: Roll one with the Reaper. In honor of our second favorite plant, mix 1/2 cup unsalted butter with 1 gram cannabis flower to create a magical, delicious edible brownie.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Coat an 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
- Coarsely chop 12 ounces of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate. Place in a medium microwave-safe bowl and add 1 stick unsalted butter. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until the mixture is melted and smooth for about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and whisk to combine. Then add 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and whisk to combine again.
- Place 1 cup all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons Death Wish Dark Roast Instant Coffee, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder in a small bowl. Then whisk to combine.
- Pour the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture and stir until just combined with no streaks of flour. Transfer the batter to the baking pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
Earn Brownie Points
This brownie recipe with Death Wish Dark Roast Instant Coffee makes 16 coffee brownies as dark as your soul, the perfect amount to bring to your next office gathering if you want to give your coworkers one less reason to hate you. But then again—there is no law against eating 16 brownies in one sitting in the comfort of your own home at 9 a.m. on a Wednesday.
[Featured Image Credit: TSI via Unsplash]
RELATED: 6 Ways to Use Instant Coffee