Highly Caffeinated Mocha Coffee Recipe
By Audrey Kallenberger — / Recipes
Most things pair perfectly with Death Wish Coffee—early mornings, baked goods, complete solitude. Chocolate, however, may be one of our favorite pairings.
World Chocolate Day commemorates the introduction of chocolate to Europe in the 1550s. Spanish conquistadors brought back powerful brown beans that the Aztec and Mayan peoples had a near-religious connection to and consumed in many forms, including a daily cacao beverage. We can appreciate that kind of commitment.
Highly Caffeinated Mocha Coffee
In the spirit of highly caffeinated celebrations, here’s a super-easy mocha recipe that you can make iced (or hot, if you please). Our summer move has been making it with our canned Cold Brew, but you can also make your own cold brew at home with any of our bean blends if you have DIY Death Wish dreams.
And may we suggest adding a pinch of chili pepper to spice things up? The Aztecs knew how to go for bold.
- 3 ounces of Cold Brew, Just Black.
- 1/2 ounce dark chocolate, chopped.
- 4 ounces of whole milk, or milk of your choice.
- Optional: pinch of salt and/or chili pepper.
- Carefully melt chocolate in microwave, stirring every 20 seconds.
- Shake coffee and melted chocolate in a cocktail shaker or mason jar.
- Pour mocha into a cup with milk and ice.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and/or chili pepper on top.
- Stir and enjoy!
No Cold Brew? No problem.
- Strong coffee made in a coffee machine: Use a coffee machine to make your Death Wish Coffee. Use 2-3 tablespoons of OG Dark Roast Coffee to make a cup. Cool it down in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Instant Coffee: Combine 1 teaspoon of Instant Coffee, aka high-caffeine coffee, and 1 tablespoon of hot water. Then stir in the melted chocolate until it dissolves.