Gingerdead Cookie Recipe
By DeathWishCoffee — / Recipes
For the Happiest Hellidays
The Grim Reaper and a scythe. Alcohol and bad decisions. Tacos and Tuesdays. Bacon and anything.
Like these dynamic duos, gingerbread cookies and the holidays just simply go together. Normally, the molasses, combined with butter, sugar, flour, and fall baking spices create a holiday feeding frenzy all by itself—but this recipe combines all of that AND the Death Wish Coffee Gingerdead blend.
Some may say the Gingerdead blend is the resurrection of the Gingerbread Man (and is only around for a limited time). Made with all-natural ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg, this sinfully spicy goodness will definitely get you through the hellidays. Consider yourself warned—even the Grim Reaper won’t be able to save you from overindulging!
Gingerdead Cookie Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablspoons Death Wish Coffee Gingerdead grounds (if these are unavailable we recommend Medium Roast grounds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, ground ginger, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground nutmeg and salt. Set the bowl aside for a few minutes.
- Using mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in egg, coffee and molasses. Slowly blend flour mixture into butter mixture until incorporated.
- Divide the dough in half and shape as round mounds. Cover each fully with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least four hours up to three days.
- Remove from fridge and place on generously floured surface. Using a rolling pin covered with flour, roll the dough one quarter to one-third inch thick. Cut the dough into seasonal shapes like spooky ghosts, goblins—or the Grim Reaper himself—and place on parchment-covered baking sheets one inch apart. Combine and re-roll scraps.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes. After five minutes remove to cookie cooling racks. Cool completely and decorate as desired.
This seasonal recipe combines everything you love about the holidays—coffee AND cookies! Like a fiery kick to the tastebuds and a cozy hug from the Grim Reaper, these cookies are sure to warm your cold, dead heart this holiday.
Reaper’s pro tip:
You can freeze the cookies too! After baking, let the cookies fully cool. Double wrap in Ziploc freezer bags (removing as much air as possible) and place in sturdy freezer containers. Place in freezer for up to two months. When thawing, remove from all packaging and place on serving plates in single layer until thawed. Once thawed they can be stacked for serving, packed in airtight containers or packaged for helliday gift giving.
Too lazy to bake? Try our seasonal Gingerdead Coffee. Like a holiday party—but in your mouth. Limited stock available.
RELATED: How to Survive the Hellidays