Espresso Chocolate Chip Blondie Recipe
By Emily Ennis — / Recipes
The Best Blondie Yet!
As the seasons change, one thing will remain constant–our love for coffee AND sweet treats. Donuts, chocolate brownies, blueberry muffins and ice cream of any kind are only a few of the great pairings we enjoy with our favorite cup of joe. Thanks to Death Wish Espresso Roast, you can exploit your love of coffee by adding it right IN the sweet treats you make.
This recipe will give you something to brag about to all the other PTA parents, or you can keep it a secret and claim it as your great-great grandparents’ top-secret recipe (we won’t tell). No matter what, the Espresso Chocolate Chip Blondie recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth and your love of all things coffee. This combo is one you’ll be making all season long.
[Photo credit: Samee Anderson via Unsplash]
Why a Blondie?
They say blondes have more fun, right? That’s especially true when some Death Wish Espresso is thrown into the mix. The blondie is a slight twist on a classic brownie dessert. But instead of being made with cocoa powder like traditional brownies, blondies use vanilla and brown sugar to achieve the sweet flavor. Throw in some chocolate chips and espresso for a little extra flavor and caffeine, and you’ll be in heaven. This is the dessert for those who don’t want chocolate overload but still love the ease and comfort of a brownie.
Now grab your “Kiss the Cook” apron and get to it!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Death Wish Coffee Espresso, whole bean, very finely ground (need amount from Nicole)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a 13x9-inch baking pan, use butter to grease the bottom or line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix flour, Death Wish Coffee Espresso (ground very fine), baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Then add the eggs and vanilla and combine until fluffy.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the two different types of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the pan and smooth out the top with spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Allow blondies to cool and enjoy!
Keep on baking with Death Wish Coffee and check out these other recipes!