Why Coffee Flavored Cookies Rule
Introducing the perfect afternoon perk-up. If you love coffee, chocolate and cookies, we’ve just invented your new favorite treat. Get ready for an insanely delicious coffee-flavored cookie that will both excite your tongue and pump up your enthusiasm for the rest of the day.
The Death Wish Coffee Double Chocolate Chip Cookie is the tastiest solution to the 3 p.m. lull ever invented—and it’s easier to make than you could ever imagine.
[Photo Credit: Arvid Skywalker via Unsplash]
Coffee and chocolate have complementary flavors. Each strengthens the other, so when they come together, it’s like the robots uniting to form Voltron. The combination is even more powerful than the individual parts.
But these delectable coffee-flavored double chocolate chip cookies give you more than just a fabulous taste. Bite in and you’ll discover that this profoundly potent little cookie packs the wallop of caffeine you need to reopen your eyes and readjust your focus for the rest of your day. Or try them at a party and notice how much perkier you feel 20 minutes later.
How Instant Coffee Changes the Game for Baking
Creating cookies infused with Death Wish Coffee is like baking with benefits. Your taste buds get happy first, but your body gets in on the action soon—and stays lifted long after. Death Wish Dark Roast Instant Coffee makes crafting cookies and other baked goods delicious and buzzworthy.
While some recipes like chocolate cake call for a brewed cup of coffee, instant coffee offers a time-saving shortcut. By opting for Death Wish Dark Roast Instant Coffee, you get both the robust coffee flavor you want to pair with your chocolate and the ability to make a kick*ss mug of java on the quick. Also, you’ll find the end result of your baking to be far more potent. Which leads us to an important point…
These Cookies Are So Good, You Won’t Want to Share Them With Your Kids
And honestly, you probably shouldn’t. While they’d likely find these sweet, salty, moist and chocolatey morsels to be just as delicious as you do, they also might go crazy when the caffeine baked in hits their bloodstream. And most kids are already apesh*t. They don’t need the extra zip. Save the rocket fuel for Mom and Dad. If the kiddos complain, bake them a batch without the instant coffee mixed in.
Death Wish Coffee Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2 1/4 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Death Wish Dark Roast Instant Coffee
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Then add each egg individually, mixing until the ingredients are well-combined.
- Place all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl: flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and Death Wish Dark Roast Instant Coffee. Then whisk to combine.
- Set the mixer to low and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until all the ingredients are combined. Stir in chocolate chips using a wooden spoon.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the cookie dough to the baking sheet using a spoon or ice cream scoop. The cookie dough balls should be about 1 1/2" round and placed 2" apart from each other.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Let cool on wire rack before serving.
[Featured Image Credit: Arvid Skywalker via Unsplash]
RELATED: Instant Coffee Brownie Recipe