Polvorosas (Colombian Butter and Sugar Cookies) Recipe
By Lisa Frania — / Recipes
The Perfect Cookie To Pair With Our Colombian Coffee
Who doesn’t love a delicious, fresh, right-out-of-the-oven cookie—or two or three? They’re a little piece of heavenly bliss that has the power to make a mundane day feel just a little bit more tolerable. So for all you cookie connoisseurs out there, here's the perfect cookie to help you reach even newer heights of mind-blowing and savory satisfaction—the Polvorosas (Colombian Butter and Sugar Cookies) Recipe.
The name “Polvorosas” comes from the Spanish word “polvo,” which translates to “powder” in English. These powdered sugar sensations are easy to make and pair perfectly with our kicked-up Colombian blend—a medium-roasted coffee made with Colombian arabica beans and Indian robusta beans, with notes of toasted almonds and ripe plums.
Polvorosas (Colombian Butter and Sugar Cookies)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter (3 sticks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- To clarify the butter: Place the unsalted butter in a medium pot over low heat, until it is melted.
- Let it simmer until the foam goes to the top of the melted butter.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Skim the foam from the top and discard. Pour what remains into a bowl using a fine mesh strainer.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter for about 3 minutes. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until well blended. Add the flour and continue beating for 2 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of dough between your palms into balls. Place the balls on a large, greased baking sheet about 1/2-inch apart. Flatten the balls using your hands.
- Bake the cookies until golden on top, about 15 minutes. Let them cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Dust the cookies with the powdered sugar.
- Use a quality butter to make this Polvorosas recipe.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container at room temperature.
Calories: 312 Calories
Carbohydrates: 29 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Fat: 23 grams
*Nutrition information is only an estimate.
Now you can elevate your daily cup even more by pairing our Colombian blend with the perfect cookie—cookies, that is. Let's not kid ourselves. The Polvorosas (Colombian Butter and Sugar Cookies) Recipe is so simple. No need for cookie cutters or a ton of ingredients. With only five ingredients, you’ll achieve melt-in-your-mouth, buttery perfection. Enjoy them with a mug of Death Wish Coffee Colombian Blend for a sweet, savory—and super-caffeinated experience. Buen provecho!
Reach peak performance with our kicked-up Colombian blend, made with smooth arabica beans from the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta Mountains of Colombia and naturally high-caffeine Indian robusta beans. From morning routines to afternoon pick-me-ups, this bold brew always has your back, with double the strength and notes of toasted almonds and ripe plums.
Buy Death Wish Coffee Colombian Blend for yourself or someone else for a limited time.