Plant-Based Coffee Creamer Recipes
By Megan Dority — / Recipes
Your Guide to Plant-Based Dairy-Free Coffee Creamers
While we typically like our coffee like we like our Sabbath…black, a little splash of creamer can go a long way. We’re not talking store-bought creamer either…we’re talking homemade, vegan-friendly, dairy-free coffee creamer.
Creamers made from almond, oat and coconut milk are incredible alternatives to dairy creamers—that often come with a side of bloating. Whether you’re adapting to a plant-based diet or not, these coffee creamer recipes are delicious and nutritious.
Cashew Coffee Creamer
We’re not nuts, you are! This cashew coffee creamer is so good, so creamy—and so simple to make. Try it once, and you might just put it on repeat when you reach for that morning mug.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- Soak cashews in boiling water for 20 minutes or soak cashews overnight in water.
- Drain and rinse cashews and place in blender.
- Add 1 1/4 cup water and a pinch of salt. Blend until thoroughly combined and mixture is creamy.
- Taste and add additional water if a thinner mixture is desired.
- Add a creamy, nutty swirl to your favorite blend and enjoy!
Grim Reaper Pro Tip: To add sweetness to the creamer, add 2-4 tablespoons of maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
Coconut Oat + Vanilla Nut Vegan Coffee Creamer
Out of creamer? No problem. Out of oats? That just doesn’t happen. With hints of vanilla and almond flavor, you can make this creamer in a flash—no soaking the coconut or oats ahead of time. That makes this vegan coffee creamer the perfect option when you roll out of bed after ignoring your alarm—for the fifth time.
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Blend the oats and coconut into tiny pieces in a blender. Add water and let it soak for ten minutes.
- Blend again for 3 minutes or until smooth. Pour the creamer through a fine mesh strainer to strain out the oat pieces.
- Put the strained liquid, sweetener and extracts back in the blender and blend until the sweetener is dissolved.
- Use to flavor your Death Wish Coffee and enjoy!
Dairy-Free Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer
Salted caramel in ANYTHING? Freakin’ stupendous. Step up your coffee game with this easy-to-make homemade creamer that will remind you of the days you spent way too much money on a caramel latte.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine the coconut sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally and let the caramel sauce come to a simmer (5-10 minutes).
- Once caramel sauce comes to a light boil, add vanilla extract and salt. Let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning the bottom.
- After sauce has thickened, remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl. Let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the can of coconut milk into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Then pour in the caramel sauce. Shake it to combine, and then store it in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
- Once creamer has thickened, use to flavor Death Wish Coffee. Mugs up!
Vegan Gingerbread Homemade Coffee Creamer
It doesn’t have to be Gingerdead season to enjoy the spiced-up taste of gingerbread. This creamer can be sweetened to your heart’s desire. Unlike store-bought coffee creamers, you don’t have to worry about ingesting chemicals you can’t pronounce…yuck.
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and whisk together on low heat.
- Whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to thicken (5 minutes).
- Optional: strain to remove excess spices or mix using a blender.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Creamer will thicken as it cools.
- Spike your Death Wish Coffee with an extra shot of spice and enjoy!
Let's drink coffee and throw things at happy people