French Toast with a Reaper Twist
It’s the hellidays. Sleep (in) like the dead. Mummy up in a cozy blanket in front of the fire. Then make a hot plate of this wicked French toast recipe—with a Grim Reaper twist—before you binge watch those holiday favs.
Combined with your favorite holiday spices like sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and our sweetly spiced coffee blend, Gingerdeadly French toast has the power to kickstart your tastesbuds—and your cold, dead heart. Reaper approved recipe courtesy of Chef Eric Hudson.
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Gingerdead Coffee, cold
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf of bread, cut into large chunks
- 12-inch cast iron skillet, or whatever baking dish large enough
Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a large bowl. Beat the eggs separately before adding to mixture.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Whisk well.
- Add the bread and mix with your hands. Let the milk soak into the bread for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Layer half of the mixture on the bottom of the greased pan. Add a layer of brown sugar on top. Then add another layer with the rest of the mixture. Top with more brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until crispy and golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it rest before slicing.
- Serve warm with butter, maple syrup and a cup of Gingerdead Death Wish Coffee!