How to Make a DIY Coffee Hair Mask
By Shannon Sweeney — / Recipes
This DIY Coffee Mask is Your Hair's
When you’re struggling to wake up in the morning, desperate to get that first sip of strong coffee, do you ever wonder where you would be in life without coffee? My mind often wanders to a place where coffee gives all things life, and therefore, I start to wonder if I should just pour it all over my life, too—starting with my hair.
From weather, hair dye, blowouts and flat irons—god knows our hair could use a pick-me-up every now and then, too. However, few are aware that something most people already have in their pantry can breathe that life right back into their lackluster hair. To add a second pick-me-up to your day, try this DIY coffee hair mask to add a healthier, smooth shine to your mane.
DIY Coffee Hair MaskIngredients:
- 1 teaspoon castor oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, extra virgin raw
- 1 tablespoon Instant Coffee
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- Heat coconut oil and castor oil at low temperature. Once heated, stir the oils together.
- Add Instant Coffee to oils. Mix these ingredients together until it forms a smooth paste (about 2 minutes).
- Apply hair mask all over the length of your hair, roots and scalp.
- Let it sit for at least 30 minutes, and then rinse and wash with a milk shampoo.
Here’s What You Can Expect From Using a Coffee Hair Mask:
- Caffeine in coffee stimulates the hair follicle, resulting in thicker hair. The exfoliating feature of coffee can help detoxify the scalp, remove buildup and boost overall hair health.
- Castor oil is great for shine, as well as stimulating growth.
- Coconut oil is a rockstar ingredient, reducing frizz, adding shine, stimulating hair growth and creating a thicker result.
- Yogurt contains beneficial cultures that keep dandruff and other scalp problems at bay.
- Greasy hair? No problem! Yogurt helps that, too.
- When used regularly, this mask can improve the texture and strength of your hair, leaving you with a shine that reflects only the best energy around…coffee that is!
RELATED: DIY Coffee Hair Dye