How to Make a DIY Coffee Hair Mask
By Shannon Sweeney — / Recipes
This DIY coffee mask is your hair's
When you’re struggling to wake up in the morning, falling over yourself out of bed just to get that first sip of coffee down ASAP, do you ever wonder where you would be in life without coffee? My mind often wanders to a place where coffee gives all things life, and therefore, I start to wonder if I should just pour it all over my life, too, starting with my hair.
From wind to color, to blow dryers, and flat irons, god knows our hair could use a pick-me-up every now and then, too. Few are aware, however, that something most people already have in their pantry can breathe that life right back into their lackluster hair. To add a second pick-me-up to your day, try this DIY coffee hair mask to add a healthier, smooth, shine to your mane.
Here’s what you can expect from using a coffee hair mask:
- Caffeine in coffee stimulates the hair follicle, resulting in thicker hair.
- Castor oil is great for shine, as well as stimulating growth.
- Coconut oil is a rockstar ingredient, reducing frizz, adding shine, stimulating hair growth, and creating a thicker result.
- Yogurt contains beneficial cultures that keep dandruff and other scalp problems at bay.
- Greasy hair? No problem! Yogurt helps that, too
- When used regularly, this mask can improve the texture and strength of your hair, leaving you with a shine that reflects only the best energy around…coffee that is!
(Photo Credit: WomensOK.com)