The AeroPress coffee maker is a new kind of coffee press that brews coffee under ideal conditions: proper temperature, total immersion, and rapid filtering. This results in amazingly delicious coffee with a wide range of beautiful flavors but without bitterness and with very low acidity. Since its introduction the AeroPress has become a much beloved brewer for serious coffee lovers and coffee professionals around the world.
The AeroPress coffee maker is most commonly used in the home kitchen but it is lightweight, compact, and durable, making it ideal for use when camping, backpacking, boating, or just traveling. The AeroPress is available with a zippered nylon tote bag (see photo at left) that makes it easy to travel with the coffee maker and a bag of coffee. Packs of 350 replacement filters (see photo at left) can be purchased from many retailers that carry the AeroPress.
- Rapid, total immersion brewing process makes delicious full flavored coffee without bitterness
- Makes 1 to 3 cups per pressing in about one minute
- Brews regular American style coffee
- Brews espresso style coffee for use in lattes and other espresso based drinks
- Microfilter means no grit in your cup (unlike a French press)
- Clean up takes just seconds
- Available with zippered nylon tote bag - great for travel
- Bisphenol-A (BPA) and phthalate free
- Made in the U.S.A.
Using it is easy:
1. Grind 15 grams to a fine setting
2. Put together the Press and place with the skinny tube on the bottom.
3. Put the cone on and add coffee
4. Fill with 30g, 200 degree F water and stir. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Fill the remainder with water (about 160 grams)
6. Place the Aeropress cap onto your cup, add the filter, and pour with about 100g water. This does two things: rinses the filter for use with the Aeropress, and prepares for the dilution of the coffee later on.
7. Screw the lid onto the Aeropress and (swiftly) turn it upside down onto your cup.
8. Press the top down until you hear a hissing sound. Your coffee is ready!
Discard your puck into the trash by pressing further with the machine.