6 Cup Chemex Death Wish Coffee Bundle (with filters and Cork Coaster)
Our Chemex bundle is the perfect way to get a stronger, tastier cup of coffee every time. Each bundle comes with a 6 cup Chemex, filters, and a Death Wish Logo Cork Coaster that perfectly fits your Chemex. Each bundle also includes a 1-lb bag of whole bean Death Wish Coffee.
WHY USE A CHEMEX?
- Fresh Cup Every Time
- Non-porous glass does not impart flavors onto the coffee
- Chemex Filters provide a clean, strong cup of coffee every time
- Ability to customize your brew to the strength that you like
- Can be used as a coffee or water reservoir
- Satisfaction of brewing your own coffee through the entire process
Water temperature for a Chemex pour over: 205 F
Since some traditional coffee makers can only reach 160 F, manual methods of brewing immediately have the edge over an auto-drip pot. We use a Bonavita Variable Temp kettle to heat up water.
Tip: If you don't have a fancy kettle or even a thermometer, you may boil water on your stovetop, then let it sit around one and a half minutes--this should bring you right around 200-205F.
Grind for a Chemex pour over: Coarse
Your grind for a Chemex is typically the coarsest setting on a grinder. It should resemble rock salt in particle size.
Can I use preground coffee in my Chemex?
If you buy preground coffee, the water will take far too long to pass through the filter and will over extract and become bitter. It is possible to brew a cup, but it will not produce coffee that properly represents the taste of the Chemex.
Brewing ratios for a Chemex: Strong
- Water to coffee ratio for a Chemex, by weight: 12:1
- Water to coffee ratio for a Chemex, by volume: 6oz:2.5 tbs
One of the wonderful things about the Chemex is your ability to control the brew--this comes through best during the set-up process. It's possible that the Chemex can make the strongest coffee of any non-pressurized coffee maker. Experiment with the ratio that best suits your taste.
IMPORTANT: Bloom your coffee
- BLOOM: the part of the brewing process in which the unwanted gasses from the coffee are released as the water hits the grinds
Blooming is done by pouring just enough water to saturate the grinds in your filter and waiting ~30 seconds. You'll notice your coffee "blooming," or expanding! This means that your coffee is fresh.
How fast do I pour the water over the grinds?
Pour your water over the coffee grinds slowly until you reach your coffee to water ratio. This should take around four minutes.
Tip: If it takes longer than four minutes, you may need to adjust your grind to be more coarse. If it takes much shorter, your grind may need to be finer.
Sign up for an account to receive FREE shipping on ALL domestic orders.
Buy Coffee Online
Coffee Brewing Equipment
- Death Wish Coffee, World's...5 star rating(1136)$19.99
- Death Cups5 star rating(644)$15.99
- Valhalla Java Odinforce Blend5 star rating(542)$15.99
- Death Wish Coffee5 star rating(256)$19.99
- Cauldron Aged Pumpkin Coffee -...5 star rating(589)$19.99
- Death Wish Coffee - 5 Pound5 star rating(314)$79.99
- Odin Cups5 star rating(192)$15.99
- Lady Liberty 2019 Mug5 star rating(109)$39.99
Your question will appear on the site once someone answers it.
I'm sorry for the long wait on your order! Typically orders can take up to 5 business days, and I see yours actually arrived a day after our guaranteed time. That said, to make this right, I issued a partial refund back to you for the troubles. If you ever have a concern about your order, please do not hesitate to let us know. We will look into it asap!
I ordered a Chemex bundle a long time ago & LOVE IT! However, I'm curious if I can purchase a couple replacement DW logo cork coasters? The original bundle came with one & I kinda wore it out. Thanks!
We do not have any coasters for sale, but I'd be happy to send an extra out to you! Just shoot us over your address.
This Chemex does not have our logo on it, I'm sorry! However, it does come with a cool Death Wish logo cork coaster. 🤘
Unfortunately not, I'm sorry! This set is pre-packaged with whole bean Death Wish.
Right now, we do not sell the coasters separately; they're only included with the Chemex set. However, if we do ever decide to offer them as a single item, be sure to stay in tune with our newsletter!
We have done a Death Wish custom Chemex in the past! While we don't have plans to make another custom one at the moment, a Valhalla one would look sick! I'll shoot this idea to the team. 🤘