Not only is coffee the second most popular beverage after water, shockingly, it's also the second top selling product in the world after oil. This is why it's important that the coffee you purchase is not only fair trade, but that it's organic as well. Coffee that is grown organically, like Death Wish Coffee, is rich in flavor and free from chemicals. Research has even shown that organic coffee has several benefits for your health, the environment and for the farmers who grow it.
- Farm chemicals such as pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, and fungicides were determined by various studies to cause cancer and damages to the reproductive and nervous systems. Conventional or traditional plants grown using these methods pass the chemicals in the body and deposits them in body fats.
- 100% certified organic coffee contains vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants needed by the body for several health benefits such protection from cell damages and boosting the immune system. Pure organic caffeine in strong coffee acts as an energy booster and enhances proper functioning of the brain.
- Unlike conventional coffee, organic coffee does not promote deforestation. In fact, it aids in the conservation of wildlife, birds, vegetation, and the prevention of soil erosion and diseases.
- Often farmers who produce certified organic coffee are fair trade compliant which guarantees a higher pay rate to employees.
- Organic arabica coffee beans (including the soil where it is grown) that is free from residues, chemicals and artificial fertilizers are certified three times to guarantee high quality to consumers. These are Quality Assurance, Fair Trade, and Smithsonian Institution organic certifications.
Related: How Death Wish Coffee drinkers are saving the planet