It's no secret that coffee provides a myriad of health benefits including improved cognitive function, but could a cup or two really replace that little blue pill your dad takes? (Sorry for the mental image.)
While we can't promise that it'll make you more attractive, research does suggest that drinking coffee provides health benefits that extend into the bedroom. Before you get too excited (pun intended) and drink every last drop of coffee you can find in a two-mile radius, we're here to let it all hang out for the world to see. Leave the research to the professionals, would ya?
1. Coffee may help boost libido in women. According to the University of Texas 2010 study, common effects of caffeine intake including increased heart rate and blood pressure contribute to an increase in sexual desire. Sure, coffee might not directly create the increased sex drive, but sounds like it deserves a little credit for getting the party started.
2. Coffee may have an aphrodisiac effect if not consumed regularly. That's right—if you're not a frequent coffee drinker and don't have a high tolerance for caffeine, common effects on the body like increased blood pressure, hear rate and the release of hormones can actually make coffee function as an aphrodisiac—especially for women.
3. Coffee may help treat erectile dysfunction. If you're one of the millions of men around the world impacted by ED, coffee may help. Studies show that increased coffee consumption promotes improved blood flow and increased testosterone levels and thus decreases the likelihood of erectile dysfunction.
4. Coffee may help you last longer. No need to clear your history when searching for Death Wish Coffee, either. Similar to experts that recommend drinking coffee before exercise or heading to the gym, the same goes for intercourse. Since coffee is known to increase physical endurance, it's only natural that the same applies to all forms of cardio (if you catch our drift).
5. Coffee reduces stress. Despite what you might expect, drinking coffee has actually been linked to reducing stress levels, especially in cases of chronic stress and can also reduce the impact of negative emotions like depression.
Want to spice things up even more than just your regular coffee? Cover all your bases with this recipe that pairs your favorite coffee with raw superfoods known to promote healthy sex drives since the dark ages.
2/3 cup hot coffee
1 tablespoon raw cacao
2 tablespoons of coconut milk
1 tablespoon of honey
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of maca
1. Pour the coffee into a bowl.
2. Add cacao, coconut milk, honey and cinnamon.
3. Mix with a hand blender until frothy.
4. Add maca, blend again and serve immediately.
Disclaimer: Whatever happens next is none of our business. Always consult a doctor with any sexual health concerns. This blog was written off of a 2010 study from the University of Texas.
[Featured Image Source: Pasha Chusovitin via Unsplash]