A little somethin’ somethin’ for National Coffee Milkshake Day
If you love coffee and if you love milkshakes, then today is your day, my friend. It’s National Coffee Milkshake Day! Some of us get down with vanilla, and some of us get down with chocolate. Here at Death Wish Coffee, we’re getting down with a little pumpkin in our shakes… because why not? If you’re a pumpkin fan, and you like your coffee strong, let me make this easy for you. Here’s a recipe recommended by Serious Eats that called for strong coffee, and here’s us calling back for more. Follow these steps and you'll be bringing all the caffeinds to the yard.
Stir brown sugar into coffee to dissolve
Add coffee mixture, milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger to a blender
Add ice cream and blend until smooth (time depends on desired consistency. For thicker milkshakes, blend for a shorter amount of time)
Pour into glasses and serve
- ¼ cup of strong coffee
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- ½ cup milk (any kind you like)
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 3 cups coffee ice cream
- If you’re into garnishes, whole coffee beans really take this shake home.
- Invite some friends over, because you’re about to serve up happiness in a glass!
- If you want a stronger coffee taste, up how much coffee you add. The best part of this recipe is that it's completely customizable to your tastebuds.