Here’s the scoop on Bulletproof Coffee
By Death Wish Coffee — / Death Wish Coffee Blog
Is Bulletproof Coffee good for you?
If you haven’t already heard, tossing butter in your morning cup of joe is all the rage. Call it cardio, as the bulletproof coffee trend is running all over the fitness industry. So, what’s the deal? Is it as healthy as social media makes it look?
What is bulletproof coffee?
- Bulletproof Coffee is more than adding butter to coffee. It was created by Dave Asprey and combines Bulletproof Coffee Beans, Brain Octane MCT oil, and grass-fed butter/ghee. And while it may be trendy right now, some cultures have been doing it for centuries. Spiced butter coffee is a longstanding Ethiopian tradition!
Why does everyone love bulletproof coffee?
MCT oil – medium-chain triglycerides – plus the high omega-3 content can create a satisfying and nourishing combo. People are experiencing insane benefits.
- Weight loss
- Suppressed appetite
- Improved brain function and mental clarity
- More energy, less fatigue
- Anti-inflammatory benefits
- Improved mood
Is bulletproof coffee ACTUALLY good for you?
The hot topic right now is whether or not bulletproof coffee is actually good for you. The short answer: It really depends on how you’re consuming it.
- Something to keep in mind when consuming this coffee is that it is not nutritionally complete — it does not contain protein or carbs, so it should not be a stand-alone breakfast. This can lead to nutrient deficiencies if you are replacing your meals with this beverage. Why do you build me up, build me up, buttercup baby, just to let me down?
- Saturated fat is essential, and it’s possible that consuming large amounts in this manner is beneficial. It’s also possible that it could be destructive. The truth is, we really don’t know.
- For those who frequent the gym and stay relatively active, consuming more saturated fat is not as much of a problem.
- For those who jumped into the craze with an otherwise disastrous diet and little to no activity, this beverage can be concerning because of its high-calorie count. Bulletproof coffee can have upwards of 400 calories.
All in all, if you’re active, you’re bulletproof. If you aren’t, limit yourself, or stick with a delicious old-fashioned cup of coffee!
[Featured Image Credit: Mary West via Unsplash]
WATCH THIS VIDEO: