SHAKEN NOT STIRRED
By Angela Garrity, Guest Blogger
This espresso martini recipe is perfect anytime you’re looking to treat yourself to something easy and delicious. It’s classy, it’s dressed to kill and the sophistication of it just might create its own magic today in celebration of Martini Day. Make this iconic cocktail in just three simple steps from this recipe inspired by Ol’ Blue Eyes, a kiss from your favorite person and Real Homes.
- ½ cup of baker’s sugar
- ½ cup vodka
- ¼ cup freshly brewed Death Wish Coffee
- ¼ cup coffee liqueur
- A few coffee beans for garnish
- cocktail shaker
- 2/3 cup Water
- Make the sugar syrup: Using 1/2 of sugar to make the sugar syrup for 2-3 cocktails, pour ½ cup of baker’s sugar into a small pan and add 2/3 cup of water. Bring it to a boil and continue to stir until it starts to bubble. Avoid crystallization by removing it from the heat and allowing it to cool, once the sugar has dissolved into the boiling mixture.
- Mix the ingredients in a cocktail shaker: Pour one tablespoon of cooled sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker and add a handful of ice. For two cocktails, pour in ½ cup of vodka, ¼ cup of cold coffee (fresh brewed and cooled) and ½ cup of coffee liqueur. Shake until well mixed and the shaker feels very cold.
- Sieve and serve: Strain the cocktail into martini glasses and serve. Garnish with a few coffee beans and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.