Buttered coffee seems to be all the rage lately, but why? For someone like me, it’s a great way to skip breakfast and keep my energy high until lunch rolls around. Not only am I getting a long-lasting boost from the caffeine, but I’m also getting benefits from healthy fats contained in the grass-fed butter and MCT oil (medium-chain triglycerides). Plus, it tastes like a delicious latte. I’ve even discovered ways to pack in more health benefits of drinking my breakfast and making it taste better than ever.
For this recipe, I use Death Wish Coffee. While it’s great to get the caffeinated spin kick to the face from “The World’s Strongest Coffee,” the dark bold taste also has the perfect flavor profile to compliment the other ingredients of buttered coffee. Lighter roasted coffees will sometimes leave you with a hot cup of butter water.
1. Add butter, MCT oil, stevia and collagen powder into a blender.
2. Add one full cup of Death Wish Coffee.
3. Blend all the ingredients together on high for 30 seconds.
4. Pour into your favorite mug.
- Charge your blender and mug by running a little boiling water through them to keep your Death Proof Coffee from cooling down and separating.
- You can make Death Proof Coffee vegan by replacing your grass-fed butter with cocoa butter and removing the collagen protein.
- Use higher blender speeds for a more frothy and foamy result