If you’re lucky, you’ve found the perfect morning ritual to get you up and on your way to releasing all of those endorphins people speak of. If you’re anything like me, you’ve been snoozing for years, your alarm is useless and you can’t seem to kick the habit of hitting it one too many times before you’re sleeping through your shower.
With something to look forward to, getting up is a little easier, so every morning I roll out of bed, climb over my elliptical, skip the endorphins and go straight to the source: my caffeine fix. These few minutes I have with my coffee beans and grinder, all the way through the brewing process are gold to me. The perfect cup of joe starts with an awakening aroma and ends with the most satisfying sip. This cup of coffee can and will set the mood for an entire day. To achieve the perfect cup, there are a few things you’ll need to keep in mind so your day doesn’t royally suck afterward.
Fresh beans are your morning hug in a mug; your best friends. Without these, you might as well drink decaf, since you now have no friends. Death Wish Coffee uses the perfect blend of both Arabica (for unforgettable flavor) and Robusta (for caffeine kick) to make sure you have the best of both worlds. Having the beans is one thing, knowing what to do with them, is another. One of the most common mistakes in brewing an orgasmic cup of java, is getting the right grind for your brewing method. Let me help you out.
Extra Coarse Grind
- Extra coarse grinds are typically best when used for Cold Brewing methods.
- Coarse grinds are most commonly used for French Press coffee.
- Medium-Coarse grinds are used in specialty brewers such as the Chemex and Café Solo Brewers.
- Medium grinds are best when used with Drip Brewing methods.
- Medium-Fine grinds are used for Pour-Over Cones, Vacuum Pots and Siphon Brewers.
- Fine grinds are best used for Espresso.
- Extra-Fine grinds are best used for Turkish Coffee.
The truest grind you will find is the one that is most favorable to your own taste buds. These grinds will give you a free pass into the ballpark, however, experimenting is the best way to find the right one for you. The smallest change in grind can result in a noticeable outcome. Your soulmate grind is right around the corner, trust me. Now grind it out!