What's the best coffee sugar scrub recipe?
Besides waking us up and the morning and giving us our daily dose of happiness, there are tons of ways to use coffee in your daily routine. Use it in your hair to improve the overall glow or improve texture, or try some coffee essential oil to relieve allergy symptoms.
Coffee also has numerous benefits for your skin, including exfoliation and reducing puffy eye swelling. Another great way to use coffee on your skin is by making sugar scrub bars. Sugar scrub bars are a great way to hydrate, cleans, and exfoliate all at once — and the coffee grounds inside them will help soften and waken up your skin, too. I love coffee so much that of course I'll rub my face in it.
And when you use the world's strongest coffee, you'll really give your skin the wake-up call it needs.
Coreen B., one of our community members, sent us her recipe for her Death Wish-infused sugar scrub bars.
Here's what you need:
- 3 ounces of any melt and pour soap of your choice
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Death Wish Coffee grounds (already brewed)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
From there, combine all of the ingredients! There are a few different ways to do this, but here's what we recommend.
- In a double boiler, melt your soap. If you don't have a double boiler, microwave in 15 second intervals (stir in between).
- Mix in your coconut oil until combined.
- Mix in your sugar and coffee grounds until well combined. Look for a slushy-like consistency.
- Pour your mix into ice cube trays or silicone molds and let the soap solidify.
Once the soap is solidified, pop them out and exfoliate!
Related: Here's what coffee does to your skin
WATCH THIS VIDEO: