"Death Proof" coffee (aka Bullet Proof using the World's Strongest Coffee) is, by far, my favorite pre-workout beverage. I get the ketones I need for sustained endurance, an energy boost from the metric truck load of caffeine, and it has a flavor profile worthy of Viking Gods. However, the last thing I want to drink after a sweaty workout, or even a hot day, is a steaming tankard of coffee.
But fear not, my ketogenic caffeinated coffee consumers! I present to you, iced death proof coffee with cold brew. Cold, frothy, delicious, and incredibly refreshing. Find the full recipe below.
- One cup of cold brew (made with our recipe here)
- 2-4 drops of Stevia Leaf Extract
- 1-2 tablespoons (depending on your tolerance) of vanilla flavored emulsified MCT oil
- 1 scoop of pure hydrolyzed collagen protein. This protein is awesome for keeping your bones strong for the next punishing workout session. Also, it happens to be good for your skin and gives the desired thickness to your drink.
- A splash of New Barn almond milk. Unsweetened is available if you're concerned with staying in your ketogenic state. This brand is particularly awesome due to their impressive froth factor.
Step 1. Mix all ingredients into the blender.
Step 2. Blend at med-high speed for 30 seconds.
Step 3. Pour slowly over ice.
Step 4. Start chugging your ketones!
- Leave the collagen protein behind if you'd like to keep it Vegan.
- Keep in a giant thermos to have a blast of delicious cold energy all day.
- If you like to drink your coffee black (strictly) and are not concerned with silly words like "Ketosis" and "MCT's," then this might not be for you and that's OK! You do you, keep kicking ass, and we'll be here when you need cheetah like speed.
WATCH THIS VIDEO: