This cold brew-marinated steak salad should be on your to-do list this weekend
By Death Wish Coffee — / Death Wish Coffee Blog
Recipe: How to make Cold Brew Steak Salad with the Dressing
By Angela Garrity, Guest blogger
While most would not indulge at the idea of coffee, steak and salad, we’ve whipped up our own version that consists of all three, because why not? This cold brew steak salad inspired by Byte Sized Nutrition is a meal you can enjoy in no time, but right in time for warm weather eating on the patio. Of course, we added our own Death Wish Coffee spin to it.
Prep time: 1 hour for marinating + 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
Recipe yields 4 servings
For the steak:
- 1 lb flat iron steak, about 1" thick, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 cup Death Wish Coffee Unsweetened Black Cold Brew
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
For the roasted veggies:
- 5 oz grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 5 oz green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tsp olive oil
For the salad:
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 6 tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp Death Wish Coffee Unsweetened Black Cold Brew
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Marinate steak. Place in a gallon-size Ziplock bag. Add 1/4 cup cold brew, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and toss to coat. Seal Ziplock bag and allow steak to marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour prior to cooking. *Alternatively, you can marinate the steak for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat broiler and place oven rack 6 inches from heat. *You can also grill instead of broil!
- Place green beans and tomatoes on lined baking sheet and toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil to coat. Spread vegetables in an even layer.
- Place a wire rack on the baking sheet over the vegetables. Carefully remove steak from marinade bag and discard marinade. Place the steak on the center of the wire rack and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the baking sheet with vegetables and steak in preheated oven and broil for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, flip steak, and return to oven for another 5-6 minutes, or until steak has achieved desired doneness. Remove steak from rack and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- While steak is resting, whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5-10 minutes until dressing has begun to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
*Reducing the vinaigrette helps to meld the flavors and create a more flavorful dressing. However, you can alternatively just combine the dressing ingredients in a jar and whisk to combine.
- Toss all salad ingredients together, and top with dressing. Enjoy!
ENTER TO WIN FREE COFFEE: