Did you say I can have coffee ON TOP of my ice cream? Affo-gat-to try this! Affogato, Italian for “drowned”, is a sweet concoction drink that submerges a few scoops of ice cream in some of your favorite brew.
What You Need:
- 2 small scoops of ice cream (any flavor works, we went with Cashew milk snickerdoodle for our dairy-free friends)
- 1 shot of freshly pulled espresso (we used Nespresso) OR 3 tbsp. of hot coffee
What to Do:
- Scoop the ice cream into a cup.
- Pour your freshly brewed espresso or hot coffee over the ice cream.
- Experiment with about 1 oz. of espresso to every scoop of ice cream. The ice cream will break down a little bit, but you don’t want a complete meltdown.
For an extra kick:
- Add just a splash of ALB Distilling Death Wish Coffee Vodka
- Garnish with crushed coffee beans
This is a great excuse to sneak some ice cream in with your morning brew or finish your day off with a sweet treat doused in caffeine. Do you really need more reason than that?
Watch the video below: