What coffee drinks are made with espresso?
In a coffee-saturated world, it’s time to get down to the root of how to order just the right drink to get caffeinated in a heartbeat. A shot to the heart, if you know what I mean. Espresso shot, that is, and it’s giving coffee a killer name.
Espresso is brewed by forcing a small amount of nearly boiling water under pressure through finely ground coffee beans, whereas coffee in an auto-drip maker is made by dripping boiling water over medium ground coffee beans.
Espresso drinks are extremely popular in coffee shops around the world, but what're the differences? Sometimes, reading a coffee house menu can feel like you’re glancing at a foreign language. Let’s take a look at some of the best espresso drinks out there and what they actually are.
(Photo Credit: liveoakcoffeehouse via Instagram)
1. Affogato: Ice cream in a shot of espresso. The real MVP of the coffee house, ladies, and gentlemen.
(Photo Credit: verona_cafeteria via Instagram)
2. Café Americano: Equal parts espresso and hot water, similar in consistency to American drip-brewed coffee. Try an Iced Americano and then you tell me what love is.
(Photo Credit: natalia_fortis via Instagram)
3. Café Mocha: Steamed milk, espresso, and chocolate, AKA hot chocolate with espresso. Top it off with whipped cream and you’ve got one hell of a treat on your hands.
4. Cappuccino: Equal parts espresso, steamed milk, and milk foam.
(Photo Credit: pasteleriadieoma via Instagram)
5. Café Cortado: Espresso with flat steamed milk.
(Photo Credit: shreyasramesh1 via Instagram)
6. Espresso con Panna: A shot of espresso topped with whipped cream. YUM.
(Photo Credit: kopitemofficial via Instagram)
7. Flat White: Espresso with an even mix of milk and velvety microfoam. In other words, the smoother sibling of a latte.
WIN FREE COFFEE FOR A MONTH: