Welcome to 31 days of Halloween! Since Halloween is our favorite month, we've decided to showcase some of our favorite art, products, and more. Usually when people go crazy about a Holiday a month in advance, it's excessive. Halloween is the exception.
1. Many shelters won't allow black cats to be adopted around Halloween
....for fear that they may be sacrificed or tortured.
2. In a number of cities in Texas, people on the sex offender registry have to keep their outdoor lights off on Halloween.
3. Hospitals offered free x-rays for any candy apple given to children during the Halloween season.
...because of the urban myth in the '60s and '70s that trick-or-treaters were given candy apples with razor blades in them.
4. The "Switch Witch" (aka the "Santa of October") is something anti-candy parents are doing on Halloween.
A child leaves out their bag of candy and the Switch Witch replaces it with an awesome toy.
5. A woman hung herself in front of several houses, went unreported for several hours due to many thinking it was a Halloween decoration.
6. The first Darwin Award Nominee was a student who dressed as Dracula for Halloween.
He positioned a pine board down his shirt so he could "realistically" kill himself. He used a sharp blade, which split the wood and killed him. His last words were "I really did it!" as he staggered from his room.