We've all spent this year working our asses off strung out on coffee...much needed coffee. So lets end this year with a coffee explosion.
Where do we begin:
LETS START WITH DRINKS:
- 1/2 oz chilled espresso
- 1/2 oz Creme de Banane liqueur
- 1/2 oz Irish cream liqueur
Layer ingredients(or shake in a cocktail mixer.) Pour. Serve.
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
- 3/4 oz Kahlua Coffee liqueur
- 1/4 oz white Creme de Cacao
- 2 oz chilled espresso(Death Wish)
Stir. Serve in martini glass.
"Strung Out Monkey"
- 1 oz Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate vodka
- 1 oz Banana liqeur
- 1 oz chilled espresso (or Death Wish)
- dash of coffee liquer
- 1 oz cream
Sweet Dessert Cocktail. Shake in cocktail maker. Serve (after dinner drink)
SAVORY COFFEE TREATS:
Coffee Cheese Balls NO BAKE RECIPE
(makes 3 servings)
- 1/2 cup softened butter (unsalted)
- 3 packages cream cheese
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Worcester sauce
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt (sea salt)
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
Roquefort + Coffee ( you can make any type of cheese balls with base: 1 serving)
- 6 oz Roquefort cheese
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 2 tsp Brandy
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup coffee beans (coarse ground)
Coffee Crackers BAKING NECESSARY (makes 40 crackers)
serve with cheese balls!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buck wheat
- 1/4 cup cracked wheat
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup espresso ground coffee
- 1/2 cup softened butter (unsalted)
- 2 TBSP sesame seeds (toasted)
- 1 tsp garlic(minced)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Lightly grease a baking pan or line with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the flour and buckwheat and cracked wheat with the sugar.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles course meal.
- Add the cooled coffee and mix to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions and chill for 20 minutes.
- Flour a board or similar flat surface and roll out the first ball of dough into a very thin sheet, about ⅛ inch thick.
- Cut into 2 inch squares with a very sharp knife. Prick each piece all the way through with the tines of a fork or two or three times; place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 18 minutes or until the crackers are medium brown.
- Repeat with the second roll of dough.
SWEET COFFEE TREATS:
Tiramisu (makes 1 pan) BAKING NECESSARY
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1¼ cup mascarpone cheese
- 1¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 -12 oz packages Italian Lady fingers
- ½ cup cold espresso
- ¼ cup coffee flavored Liquor (optional)
- 1 tbsp cocoa for dusting
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler, over boiling water. Reduce heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. This is your sabayon, remove from the heat and whip yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- Add Mascarpone to whipped yolks, beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the whipped cream in the mascarpone sabayon mixture and set aside.
- Mix the cold espresso with the coffee liquor and dip the lady fingers into the mixture just long enough to get them wet, do not soak them!
- Arrange the lady fingers in the bottom of a 8 inch square baking dish (or 6×9)
- Spoon half the mascarpone cream filling over the lady fingers.
- Repeat process with another layer.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Dust with cocoa before serving
Sweet Coffee Balls NO BAKE RECIPE
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup tightly packed dates
- 1 tsp ground coffee beans
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- Combine the almonds, walnuts & dates in a food processor and run until you get a fine crumb that comes together when you pinch it between your fingers
- Add in the coffee grounds & cacao nibs and pulse to combine
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and scooping up 1 heaping Tablespoon at a time, squeeze the mixture in your hand until it comes together and roll into balls
- Repeat until mixture is all rolled up
So there you have it. These are a few easy options to caffeinate your New Year. Enjoy them
Now go ahead...Enjoy TOO much!