The Ultimate Fall Drink: Pumpkin Chai Martini
By Megan Dority — / Lifestyle
How to Make a Pumpkin Chai Martini
‘Tis the season of classic horror movies, crunchy leaves, and ominous (yet blurry) photos of the full moon…or at least that’s what your Instagram feed says. Whether or not that’s your vibe, we promise the scrolling will be more tolerable with a Pumpkin Chai Martini in hand.
It’s just like a pumpkin spice latte but with vodka—lots of vodka. Making it the ideal pregame for apple picking with your significant other (and getting attacked by a swarm of bees) or the perfect post game after that terrifying haunted hayride.
Pumpkin Chai Martini Recipe
- 2 oz. Pumpkin Chai Coffee, slightly cooled
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1/2 oz. coffee liqueur like Death Wish Coffee Vodka
- 1/2 oz. Irish cream
- For the rim: equal parts finely ground coffee beans, granulated sugar and cinnamon
- Make the coffee using your favorite brewing method (pour over with a Chemex, Kuerig with Death Cups, coffee maker or other).
- Wet the rim of the cocktail glass and place the ground coffee beans, sugar and cinnamon on a plate. Tilt the rim of the glass into the mixture until it fully coats the outer rim.
- Place two handfuls of ice into a cocktail shaker. Add the coffee, vodka, coffee liqueur and Irish cream to the cocktail shaker. Shake until cold.
- Strain into the prepared cocktail glass and enjoy!
Yields: 1 drink (double ingredients for 2)
SHOP: Pumpkin Chai Coffee