Overhearing a couple of biker customers here at Death Wish Headquarters, I got a glimpse into the world of coffee and biking combined. Here are a few bits that non-bikers will simply not understand.
1. Well, the shit itself. If coffee makes you go, you better go before your commute.
2. If you don't have time to make and drink coffee in the morning, you're going to have to wait until work.
Spoiler alert: it's probably shitty coffee.
3. You have a higher standard for thermoses and other gear. A shitty travel mug just does not cut it when you don't have cushy cupholders.
Drinking my coffee at a red light isn't an option--not a safe one, anyway
4. People always know when you screwed the cap on something because you're so used to screwing things on tight for the ride.
You usually have to unscrew it, too.
5. Stopping somewhere beautiful to actually drink coffee is one of the greatest feelings when riding.
Photo from Riki's Ride: read below for more info on Riki Rachtman's ride around North America to raise money for epilepsy.
6. You give a polite chuckle when someone points out a coffee mug you've seen a thousand times before.
6. This video went viral:
But all you could think about is how the driver is completely oblivious:
- Wandering through lanes
- Doesn't notice the guy grab the cup off her bumper
- Doesn't notice the guy run up beside her
- Then it takes 30 seconds for her to notice him running along side her, the second time
Look twice, save a life!
For years Riki Rachtman has gone on cross country motorcycle rides and taken you with him via social media. This year Riki starts in Mexico then rides California to Big Sur with one of his closest friends Gilby Clarke ( Guns n Roses) and Billy Duffy (Cult) he then rides solo to the coast of Norhern Califronia where he will hook up with long time friend and riding buddy Taime Downe. They will hug the California Coast ride up through Oregon Washington and into Canada. From there Riki will ride solo from the West Coast all the way to New York. He will stop at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Indinapolis Motor Speedway,Eldora the chicago Open Air festival and more. There really is no way to predict where the ride will end up but you need to follow the journey on rikisride.com.